Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Back in it

Alright - I'm back in the game.

I will admit - the last couple weeks have been a nice little break - although I totally could tell I wasn't doing much. It's crazy how much a couple days off can affect things.

I got back in to the swing of things Sunday night. I was totally planning on going to the gym at 7, come to find out from my roommate who had just been there, that they close at 7 on Sunday! So I was mad about that but not about to just give up another night (especially after having my family's Thanksgiving this past weekend and eating entirely too much and so starting to feel it...)

So I decided to try the exercise programs on On Demand on TV. I feel like a FOOL when I do these, but it actually turned out to be not too bad! I found a Biggest Loser one, which I found to be REALLY good. It's nice to see 'normal' size people doing the workout (and making mistakes and not doing it perfectly all the time) instead of the fit, toned, muscular people that you usually have on these types of things.

So anyway, it was a 20 minute program that was geared more towards toning with weights than a cardio workout. And I actually broke a pretty good sweat doing it, which either proves I am still completly out of shape....or I needed to turn down the thermostat in the house. :-)

After doing that Sunday night, I decided to start doing this On Demand thing in the mornings before work. So Monday morning that's what I did! I woke up at 5:45 and went out and did the weight toning one again. Then last night I went in to the gym as well. I figured I would be all sorts of out of shape because I hadn't had a good workout in a good 2 weeks. I warmed up a bit then started running. I was hoping to get a mile in running wise. Sure enough I did, and was doing ok, so I kept going for another .5, to get 1.5 under the belt. I slowed down and walked for about .25, then sped back up and was going to try to get another mile in. Sure enough I was still doing ok, and was able to get 1.5 in. So I got 3 miles of running in total, which I felt great about! With another 1 total of walking, I was still able to get back to my 4 miles total for the night.

Oh yeah - the morning weight workout didn't happen this morning either. I was actually a little sore from doing it, and when the alarm went off at 5:45 this morning I said "nuh-uh" and shut it off and crawled back in. I'll do the weight workout tonight before I go to the gym again. :-)

No comments: