Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tuesday night

Well I got back in the swing of things - sort of.

I did my American duty and voted last night (yay Obama!!!). And yeah - you can be totally jealous that it took me less than 5 minutes to get in, vote and get out!

Ok, back to the gym...so I started off with a 5 minute warmup then started out running. I knew I wouldn't be at full-strength since I had been so bad about getting in the last week. But I thought I'd push and try to get 2 miles of running straight in. So I sped up and started going, but oh the going was tough. About 3/4 miles in to it, my side/stomach was cramping up something FIERCE!!! I finished out a mile of running, but had to slow down and take it easy as I couldn't breathe well because of the pain in my side. So I slowed down and caught my breath and walked it out for a while, then thought I'd try a run again. Yeah that wasn't a good idea. Same thing. So I decided I'm not blowing another night of working out and that I'd just walk the hour out at a fairly speedy walking pace and at an incline. That seemed to work. Towards about the last 15 minutes of my hour I was feeling a little better so I decided to try to run again and was able to get another 3/4 miles in of running.

Although I was mad that I couldn't have run more, I was happy that I pushed the walking pace and did an incline though because I still got 4 miles total in.

Tonight better be better... :-)

1 comment:

Tiff said...

OK, girl. Now that I'm supposed to be taking it easy, I have a lot of time to check up on you!!!