Friday, January 9, 2009

3-mile Thursday

So I wasn't having the best day yesterday. I was just in a funk. Nothing really in particular - just the winter blues I think.

So when I went to the gym, I didn't know what I wanted to do that night. So I decided I'm going to cover the display thing on the treadmil and just run until I can't run anymore. Well this proved to be pretty darn successful actually!

I got bored pretty quickly though not being able to look at the screen and know where I was at, so I started peeking. Yeah first peek I was only about 1/2 a mile in to it. But I was feeling good with the running, so I kept going. Once I hit 1 mile, I deciced to really see how far I could go without stopping. I got to 1 1/2 and told myself go for 2. I got to 2 and decided to really push it and go for 3 straight. I was getting super tired and had to hop off for a quick 5 seconds to take a couple deep breaths, but I did end up finishing up the 3 miles straight!!! I think I'm going to stick with trying to go the straight distance now rather than breaking up the miles like I had been...

So yeah, it was a pretty good night. That's the furthest I've ran straight so I guess I'm another notch closer to the 5-mile mark!

No comments: