Thursday, January 8, 2009

Wednesday night

Have I mentioned how much I HATE the cold weather. Hate it. Absolutely hate it. I should really try to convince Brock to move to Arizona. :-)

Anyway, well last night I did end up going to the gym, as much as I didn't want to and much would have preferred to stay cuddled up with my blanket on the couch.

But I went. And while it definitely SUCKS knowing where I was at last month and being able to pull 5 miles out that one night, and now where I'm at after taking a couple weeks off, well it's a little depressing. But I'm still going, and hopefully the endurance will start to work up again. I got through my first mile last night pretty easily actually, so that was a good feeling. I didn't know how much I would try to do, so I kinda just went with it and ended up running another 2 1-mile stretches then, for a total of 3 miles of running last night, which I felt ok with.

My goal with this whole thing might be changing though. I originally started doing this so it would motivate me to go work out to loose some weight before the wedding. Granted I'm just now starting to really watch what I'm eating as well, and I'm hoping that will help shed a few pounds. But I may switch focus for a little bit and start doing the elliptical machine soon - partly because it's SO much easier on my knees...and partly because I guess I burn more calories when I do that as opposed to the treadmill. We'll see though. I'm going to keep doing the treadmill for maybe the remainder of this month, and if I'm still not seeing results on the scale, I'll be switching over to the elliptical for a while...

No comments: