Thursday, December 18, 2008

5 mile night!!!

So I didn't quite get in to the gym Monday night as my roommate and I were running much needed-to-do errands around town.

So Tuesday night I was a very motivated girl and went. And boy did I go! :-)

I was determined to do something big again, so thanks to the Biggest Loser finale being on, I decided I wasn't quiting until I had run 5 miles (total, not straight through) that night. And gosh darnit I DID IT!!!

I stuck with my .25 mile walk, 1 mile run routine, and sure enough after a little more than an hour, I had run 5 1-mile stretches with a 1/4 mile walk in between each one, for a total of 6.5 miles total that night!!!!! AHHHH!!!!

I was SOOOOO sore after it and I think I over extended my knee as it wasn't feeling to great yesterday, but it's since come back to normal and I'm feeling great about my accomplishment!

So yeah, after I had the 5 mile night on Tuesday, I decided to let my knee take a night off last night (wed.). And tonight (Thursday), I'm going out to eat with my roommate before she moves this weekend, so I actually got my butt out of bed this morning at 5:00 and went! I only got 2 miles of running in before I needed to head home, which was probably more than I should have done though because when I got home,well, the leftovers that I had the night before weren't sitting to well and I wasn't feeling the hottest. But I slept it off and am feeling a little better now.

So we'll see what happens Friday. I'll do my darndest to get in to the gym Friday night, and if not, for sure on Saturday then!

No comments: