Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I will be better I will be better

Ok, so I took a little more time of in November than I probably should have with my running stuff...and man did it hurt.

I AM going to be better about getting in this month. I'm used to the cold so that's no longer an excuse (although I still hate it...). Christmas shopping is done so I can't pull that excuse out either. And yeah - I'm less than 6 months away from this wedding and I need to get going on my goal again!!

So, we're starting December out right. I went to the gym last night. While I don't feel I can run 2.5 straight right now anymore, I'm still getting at least 3 total miles of running in (which is what I was at earlier too). I started last night and decided that instead of doing the 'manual' program on the tredmill, I'd do the 5K button and see what that was about. mmm...yeah - not ready for that one yet. It started out slow, sped the walk up a little bit at a time, then started you running at a 10 minute mile shortly there after. I thought Ok, let's try this. I actually got to about .75/.8 of the running doing the 10 minute mile pace (which I was really surprised at), then had to back off as I felt like I was going to run out of air. So I slowed up to my 5 mph pace and finished out the rest of the mile. I walked for the next .25 miles, then sped back up and did another mile running at my more comfortable 5 mph pace again. After finishing that one, I was super tired, but wasn't going to give up, so I walked out another .5 mile, then sped up and ran out my last 1 mile stretch. After that I was so extreamly pooped!! I cooled down with another .25 mile walk and headed home.

Hopefully things will start picking up for me again here soon and I'll be able to run these 3 miles straight by the end of December. Yeah - I think that'll be the next 'short term' goal now... this could be interesting... :-)

No comments: