Friday, December 5, 2008

Wow, what a night

So last night was a good night...

I was sooooo tempted not to go to the gym as I had taken Wednesday night off due to a bad pain in my side, and the fact that it was so flipping super cold last night - it would have been SO easy to stay in and watch Grey's curled up in my blanket. But, I was good and got up and went to the gym.

I figured I'd just start going and see how things went. So I started off with a walk for a couple minutes, then sped up and started the run. I got a mile in to it and barely was tired!!! So I figured ok, go for another 1/2. I got finished with that 1/2 then and figured ok, push it out and go for 2! And I did!!! After the 2, I slowed down and walked .25, then sped back up. I was tired by this point, but I surprisingly pushed out another mile run, so I had my 3 miles of running in that I usually get to. I slowed down again and walked out 1/2 a mile, then figured ok, just go for 1/2 a mile running more here. So I started in to it again, and although I was super tired and sweating like no other - I pushed out that 1/2 mile, and was so happy with myself that I said go for it - try the other 1/2, and I did it! I had just run 4 miles!!! I slowed down again and walked out the remaining distance that got me to 5 miles total that night!!

I was so flipping proud of myself that I cranked out 4 miles of running - and 5 miles total distance!! It was definitely a positive night that I needed again to keep me wanting to do this.

I don't know if I'll be up to doing another run tonight as I'm headed back to my Mom's. . . although there is a treadmill in the basement...we'll see!!

No comments: