Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another MILE-stone

So last night was a pretty sucessful night. I delayed going to the gym for just a bit to go check out the new fall boots at DSW (and found about 4 pair that I want...). Oh so much fun. Anyway - then I finally got to the gym and wasn't too excited since the only thing on TV's was the debates, a soccer game, or some other show I didn't want to watch. So I decided to do a little music instead. I started off with a .25 mile walk to warm up, then started running. As I got going, I was somewhat watching the debate anyway, and it looked like Barack was doing a good job, so I decided to tune in for a while. Surprisingly I actually watched it for a good while.

As I was chugging along though I was felling pretty good and decided - ok, I'm going to try to run 2 miles straight tonight. I knew it was going to b a push since I think the farthest I've went before straight through was 1.5 miles. Granted, when I got to 1.5, I was way ready to be done - but I pushed through and sure enough - I DID IT! 2 miles straight!! I slowed down, walked out another .5 miles, the sped up again and ran out another mile to get 3 miles total running in. Of course when I finished with that I thought my legs were about to fall off, so I slowed down quite a bit and cooled off with a .25 mile cool down to finish out the 4 miles total that night.

So another sucessful night! I'm hoping to go again tonight - hopefully durning Grey's so the time flies by!

No comments: