Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Weekend update and Monday's run

Sorry, I've been slacking a bit getting updates up here. . .

Well the first full week is over since setting my goal. Last Thursday I didn't get to the gym as I was busy running around town trying to figure out plans for bridesmaid dresses for the wedding. So when Friday came around, I was tempted to say screw it for the weekend, but I actually decided be to good and went in Friday night. And I have to say - if you want free choice of machines at the gym - go on Friday nights! I think I was the only one there at one point!

anyway, back to the workouts...Friday's workout was a little toned down. I jogged for 1.25 miles, walked .25, then ran on and off again for the remainder of the 45 minutes I went for. I don't know if it was the end of the week getting to me or what but i was done for after that 45 minute workout!

I was hoping to go again then sometime this last weekend (either Saturday or Sunday), but that didn't happen. Saturday was busy running around town doing errands again and Sunday we had our engagement pics taken and, well, I had no ambition to get back in the gym that day.

So that brings us to last night - Monday night. After getting home from work and chilling on the couch for a while, I again had absolutely no desire to go exercise. BUT, I knew if I just got up and went, I'd feel good about it, and so I did! Started off again with a 5 minute warm up walk, then ran for 1.5 miles. Man, taking 2 days off really sucked my energy out of me too from how well I was doing last week. After the 1.5, I slowed down and walked for .25, then sped back up and went another .5. After that my knees were really starting to kill (there will be posts about how much I hate my knees in the future, FYI)...so I slowed down again and walked out the rest of the time, but to keep a good heart rate going I increased my incline a bit.

I'm going to keep pushing for my 'long' run to be 1.5 miles this week, and hopefully the knees will cooperate!

(p.s. - thanks for keeping me accountable on this Tiff!!) :-)

No comments: