Thursday, October 2, 2008

Good TV while running is the BEST!

Ok, I have to start this out saying how nice it is to have new episodes of TV shows again!!! It TOTALLY makes the time go by faster on the treadmill!

Last night I was hoping to push myself to do at least 1.25 miles again, maybe pushing it to 1.5 if I could. Well I was totally in to watching Private Practice while chugging along and got to 1.25 and was doing ok, so I kept going to 1.5. Since I was watching the TV more than my distance, I ended up going over 1.5 when I finally checked it, so I figured, ok, go for 1.75!! AND I DID IT!
Granted I was paying quite a bit more attention at that time to my distance now as I was completelly puttering out at the end now, but i made it!

I cooled down for a bit and walked 10 minutes after that, then sped up and jogged another .5 miles, then continued to walk/jog out the rest of my way. By the end of the night, I had gone a full hour and travled 4 miles total! I was feeling damn good about myself at the end of it, and am excited to see if I can do the 1.75 again tonight!!

2 comments:

Tiff said...

OK...do you take the weekends off? This is just your annoying sister-in-law trying to hold you accountable!

Laura said...

I know I know...I was bad about getting updates on this weekend. New post is up though!

Thanks for keeping track of me here!!!